“It’s not a short term diet, it’s a long term lifestyle change.”
Happy Thursday beautiful souls!
I hope you all are beginning to enjoy this beautiful Michigan weather we are having, and that you have a nice and relaxing Memorial Day Weekend coming up.As many of you know, I have switched to a completely clean, organic, and healthy lifestyle. And I have LOVED it. I feel more energized, focused, and ready to go. However, I still CRAVE sweets like no other. I have always had a really bad sweet tooth, but, considering I don’t have my 13 year old metabolism anymore, I can’t really eat 12 cookies at a time…
But, I love to experiment in the kitchen making clean and tasty treats, and this recipe turned out BOMB if I do say so myself.
On my most recent Instagram poll (if you don’t follow me, you should @squigi35) I asked what sweet treat people wanted me to experiment with next, muffins or cookies. And well, you guessed it, cookies won!
So, below is a flourless, 8-ingredient protein based peanut butter cookie, and I think they taste fabulous. Not only do they satisfy my sweet tooth, but they are only 127 calories and 4 grams of carbs!! It is insane. It is delicious. And you need to try it.
1 ½ cups of Organic Peanut Butter (I use Home Plate)
½ tsp of vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
⅛ cup Unsweetened Vanilla SILK Cashew Milk
1 scoop Whey Chocolate Protein Powder
3 tablespoons Dark Chocolate Chips (this is what I used)
3 tablespoons of nuts
3 tablespoons of dried fruit
Anything to spice it up! 🙂
Serving size: 1 cookie/cookie bar
Carbs: 4 g
Fat: 9 g
Protein: 6 g
Sodium: 66 mg
Sugar: 2 g
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Then, add the 3 eggs and mix all together until combined evenly.
- Add baking soda, vanilla, and protein powder to the egg mixture. Mix well, and until evenly distributed.
- With the current mixture, add the final ingredients – the peanut butter, cashew milk, and any desired toppings (I used dark chocolate chips). Mix until you have a nice, smooth, and even batter. It may be a little clumpy due to the banana, so that is okay.
- Spray a cookie sheet, or a 9×13 cake pan (I used a cake pan). Drop 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the cookie sheet, or spread evenly into a cake pan.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, or until you see a nice, fluffy, golden brown cookie.
- Immediately pull the cookies out and place into a freezer for 5-10 minutes. Then cut, serve, and enjoy!
Now, you do not have to add dark chocolate chips, I am just obsessed with them. So keep in mind that the above nutrition count is based on me having dark chocolate chips in the recipe. However, feel free to drop anything out of the recipe you don’t like, or bake it as is. Either way, I want to hear your thoughts! So make sure you reach out and let me know what you love or what you hate!
I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing, and happy Memorial Day Weekend! God bless you all! Also, feel free to leave any suggestions on a recipe you want me to try next!
With all that I am,