Hello, beautiful people!
Happy Friday and cheers to the weekend!! I hope that you all are having a strong end to this never-ending week and that you are trying to stay positive with this bitter Michigan weather. Considering it has been so gosh dang cold lately, I have had a lot more free time than I would like. Therefore, I have been trying to spend it wisely before the Spring weather actually kicks in. Normally, April is the month that I start getting outside more, enjoying pure Michigan, and try to be with friends doing fun outdoors activities. But… the weather lately has been screaming NO to me! With that said, I decided to experiment a little bit in the kitchen!
I was going to just try a new Pinterest or BuzzFeed recipe, but then I had the idea to create something of my own.
As many of you know, I am a busy person, I’m always at school, boxing, work, church, or with friends. I am very active, and constantly on the go. Therefore, I have to plan wisely to maintain my healthy lifestyle not just with exercise but also with food. Lately, I have been LOVING protein bars and I have been using them as a quick meal replacement because they are so easy, and taste like candy!! However, I have been trying to find the most natural and healthy bars, and also I have been experimenting a little bit myself with making them homemade. Previously, I made the “Almost Vegan Clif-Bars” and those turned out great. However, this time I wanted to try my own twist.
I came up with this recipe, ChocoButter Protein Bites and although it has a pretty great nutritional profile, I still want to try to make it more natural. Despite that, it is still a work in progress but I wanted to share it with you all because it is 1) affordable to make, 2) more affordable than buying protein bars in bulk at the store, and 3) pretty clean for the most part. I am really trying to find the perfect recipe so I do not have to buy protein bars at the grocery store any more, and I will keep sharing that journey with you all!!
With that said, here is the recipe, the nutritional profile, and the directions… enjoy! <3
ChocoButter Protein Bites
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein (you could use vanilla as well)
- 2 ½ cups of SunButter (or you could use any nut butter of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of almonds (or any nut of you choice)
- 1 cup of Dried Fruit (I used Blueberries)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.2g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.5g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||17%|
|Total Sugars 6.2g|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
- Melt the brown sugar and the Sun Butter together in a pan on low heat, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (protein powder, chia seeds, gluten free oats, almonds, and dried fruit).
- Mix together the 2 eggs in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the butter mixture over top of the dry ingredients. Stir until fully covered.
- Pour in the egg mixture and mix all of it together.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful out into a muffin tin. Press out the mixture so it forms to the shape of the muffin tin. Bake for 8min at 350. Freeze until solid and ready to eat!!
I usually keep these in the freezer because I think that they taste better cold. However, that is up to you. It should yield around 24 muffin sized ChocoButter Protein Bites in the batch. I hope you enjoy this and let me know how they turn out!
With all that I am,